Climate change impacts on the fragile ecosystems of Australia’s North West. Everyone can help reduce climate change and preserve these natural wonders for future generations.
Quick tips for reducing carbon footprint on your holiday to Australia’s North West:
- Switch off lights, appliances and equipment when they're not in use
- Airconditioning can increase fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, so we recommend you set it to 24 degrees whenever it becomes too hot for you
- Turn off electrical devices such as televisions when not in use
- If you see rubbish, pick it up and recycle or dispose of it thoughtfully
- Keep your curtains and blinds closed during the heat of the day to ease the pressure on your airconditioner
- Opt for a low emissions hire car when driving through WA.
Find out more about climate change at the Australian Government Department of Climate Change website.