Kimberley cruising adventures take you to some of the world’s most remote untouched wilderness areas. Whether you choose from overnight trips or extended Kimberley cruises, the friendly crew will make it a journey to remember.
No trip to Australia’s North West is complete without cruising on the water for the day with one of many Kimberley cruises.
- Explore the Dampier Archipelago and spend the day snorkelling in crystal clear waters.
- Enjoy a true Broome holiday experience and sail along Cable Beach on a restored pearling lugger.
- Zoom across Broome's Roebuck Bay on a hovercraft flight.
- Join an Indigenous guide fishing and exploring the islands off the Dampier Peninsula.
- Head up the Ord River and check out the diverse flora and fauna.
- Be amazed by the sheer scale of Lake Argyle on a sunset cruise.
Extended tours give you the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of this remote coastline. Kimberley cruises take you past thundering waterfalls and towering rugged cliffs, cruising along ancient river systems teeming with wildlife. You can spot white breasted sea eagles, brahminy kytes, kingfishers, jabirus and huge seabird colonies. And you’ll see ancient Indigenous rock art galleries (petroglyphs), including Wandjina and Gyorn Gyorn art, tucked away in natural caves.
Tours vary from 5 to 14 days, with vessels ranging from mini cruise liners to small luxury cruise boats offering five-star service complete with onboard helicopters. Other operators cater for those who prefer a more adventurous experience, camping on remote beaches and cooking on camp fires.
Diving and Snorkelling Cruises
Extended diving and snorkelling Kimberley cruises depart from Broome seasonally, cruising out to the protected marine sanctuary of the Rowley Shoals Marine Park. This aquatic wonderland is home to thousands of fish species, marine mammals and stunning colourful corals.
For further information about day and extended cruising tours, check out the list of Kimberley cruising operators or visit the Broome Visitor Centre website.