Air Kimberley first took to the Kimberley skies back in 1992 as a small charter company based on a pastoral station, and now operates across the Kimberley & Pilbara.
Today the company benefits from an extensive aircraft engineering background and has seen much expansion in both the commercial and leisure tourism sectors. Air Kimberley has its Head Office at Broome International Airport.
Experienced pilots are additionally trained as tour guides to provide a comprehensive and informative insight into the stunning Kimberley landscape.
Air Kimberley was formerly known as King Leopold Air.
Explore ancient cavernous gorges, rocky tunnels, swim through crystal-clear waterways and bathe under cascading waterfalls... immerse yourself in a 2 billion-year-old journey of discovery.
Depart Broome and track south west over Roebuck Bay marvelling at the beautiful turquoise water.
On arrival into Karijini airstrip, we are met by our West Oz Active Adventure guide in an air-conditioned 4WD bus. Drive to Karijini Eco Retreat for a bag drop and comfort stop with morning tea. Walk to Joffre Gorge Falls and lookout, where water cascades down a cliff face with step-like rocks to a dark pool. The gorge then narrows, and the water is pushed through a smaller gap, where rushing white waters tumble over smooth black rock. After lunch, drive to Weano Recreation Area and walk into Class 5 of Hancock and Weano Gorges. Return to Karijini Eco Retreat via Oxer Lookout and Junction Pool Lookout for Dinner and the evening to relax.
The following morning after breakfast, we check out and drive to Dales Gorge and walk Dales Loop. Depart Karijini airstrip for the short flight to Newman for a rest stop and stretch of the legs. Check out the impressive Mt Whaleback open cut mine on approach into Newman.
Track from Newman north across the Pilbara to Wallal Downs on the coast and enjoy a low-level coastal flight back to Broome via 80-mile beach and the many beautiful bays and beaches whilst the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
Our best-selling tour features the spectacular Buccaneer Archipelago with a stopover at Cape Leveque.
- The King Sound was first explored by William Dampier in 1688 and is home to Australia's largest tides.
- See the Horizontal Waterfalls*, described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the world.
- Fly over Koolan and Cockatoo Islands, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
Enjoy refreshments and a swim at Kooljaman, Cape Leveque before the coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
*Subject to tidal change
The Kimberley is one of the world's last great wilderness frontiers where vast tracts of pristine country are inaccessible by road. What better way to see this amazing land than from the air?
- Land at Fitzroy crossing and tour Geikie Gorge by boat, with a gourmet morning tea supplied by The Good Cartel.
- Fly over the ancient Devonian Reef at Windjana Gorge.
- Enjoy lunch at Mt Hart*** in the heart of the King Leopold Conservation Park.
- Fly over the Horizontal Waterfalls**- a powerful tidal flow of up to 10m through two narrow gorges in Talbot Bay.
- Fly over Koolan and Cockatoo Islands, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
- Enjoy afternoon tea and a swim at Kooljaman Cape Leveque.
- Coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
**Subject to tidal change ***Subject to availability
Our adventure begins flying over the spectacular pindan cliffs and turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay as you travel south east over the vast mangroves and wetlands of Roebuck Plains.
Fly over the Fitzroy River and marvel at the St George Ranges before landing at a remote airstrip where we are met by your local guide for a short drive to Mimbi Caves. After Mimbi Caves, we fly to Fitzroy Crossing where we are transferred to our accommodation nestled on the banks of the Fitzroy River, the Fitzroy River Lodge. Enjoy lunch at the on-site restaurant Riverside before heading out on a Fitzroy Crossing town tour, Gallery visit and an afternoon Danggu Geikie Gorge Boat Tour.
The following morning after breakfast, we are transferred back to the airport for our flight to Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek. Flying over the Oscar Ranges and the Devonian Reef Conservation Park with the spectacular King Leopold Ranges to the east, marvel at the vast lands made of heavily eroded limestone with the ridges composed of the ancient Devonian reef system.
Enjoy a stunning late afternoon flight back to Broome as the sunsets over Cable Beach.
Fly over the spectacular pindan cliffs and turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay. Travel over the vast mangroves and wetlands of Roebuck Plains.
Flying over the Fitzroy River we approach the Napier Range, mostly made from heavily eroded limestone, or karst, with the ridges composed of an ancient Devonian reef system. On arrival into Windjana airstrip meet your Aboriginal guide and jump aboard Windjana Tour's airconditioned 4WD tour bus.Enjoy a walking tour through Windjana Gorge, learn about the spiritual signifcance of the gorge and see freshwater crocodiles basking in the sun.
After lunch served beneath the shady bloodwood trees, explore the 750m long Tunnel Creek that runs beneath the 350-million-year-old Devonian Reef System.
Fly over the Fitzroy River and spectacular King Leopold Ranges en route to Purnululu National Park. Fly the scenic pattern around the Bungle Bungle Massif before landing at the remote Bellburn airstrip.On arrival after morning tea and refreshments, you will be picked up by your guide in an air-conditioned 4WD bus to take you to the Bungle Bungle Range.
- Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the domes walk.
- Enjoy a packed lunch at the awe-inspiring Cathedral Gorge.
- Walk along the bed of Piccaninny Creek which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season.
- After your day tour, enjoy the comfort of your Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge cabin, or else relax by the pool whilst taking in the sunset.
Dinner is served in the lodge dining area and can be eaten indoors or outdoors under the East Kimberley stars.
The next morning, enjoy breakfast in the Lodge dining area, before taking your optional Helicopter scenic flight over the Bungle Bungles. Depart Bellburn and fly to Halls Creek for morning tea and refreshments. Fly to the edge of the Tanami Desert for an aerial tour of the infamous Wolfe Creek Crater. Fly over the Great Sandy Desert and St George Ranges en route back to Broome.
3 pax $2,510pp
2 pax $3,495pp
It's been around for 350 million years, but the striking Bungle Bungle Range in World Heritage-listed Purnululu National Park was a secret from the outside world until 1983.
Today, this maze of orange and black striped sandstone domes, often likened to giant beehives, is one of the Kimberley's best-loved attractions.
- Fly over the King Leopold Ranges and Fitzroy River
- Fly the pattern around the Bungle Bungle Massif before landing in Purnululu National Park.
- 4WD tour of Purnululu (Bungle Bungle)
- Walk* (3km return) into Cathedral Gorge for a light lunch
- Fly over Devonian Reef Conservation Park and Windjana Gorge.
*A reasonable level of fitness and sturdy footwear is required.
Visit Australia's oldest south sea pearl farm and see the giant tides create whirlpools and standing waves as millions of tonnes of water is squeezed between the rocky islands and bays of the ancient Buccaneer Archipelago.
- See the King Sound, home to Australia's largest tides.
- Fly over the Horizontal Waterfalls*, a fast-moving tidal flow through two narrow gorges in Talbot Bay.
- Morning Tea and a swim at Kooljaman Cape Leveque
- Giant Tides Tour or Kimberley Island Tour** and Pearl Farm Appreciation with lunch at Shell, Cygnet Bay.
- Coastal return flight along bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
* Subject to tidal change. ** During neap tides, the Kimberley Island Explorer Tour replaces Giant Tides Tour.
Visit an ancient frontier by flying to the remote and spectacular Price Regent region and the stunning Mitchell Falls, best enjoyed in the Wet Season.
Fly over Walcott Inlet estuary, the rarely seen Harding Range, and the impressive King Cascade on the Price Regent River, before landing on Mitchell Plateau* for a comfort stop and morning tea, supplied by The Good Cartel.
Overfly Mitchell Falls, a spectacular four-tiered sandstone waterfall, before venturing over Montgomery Reef, a Humpback Whale breeding epicentre best seen in the cooler months.
Witness amazing tidal shift through the Horizontal Waterfalls in Talbot Bay.**
Lunch and a swim at Kooljaman Cape Leveque and coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula, including Beagle Bay and Cable Beach.
*Landing at Mitchell Plateau subject to suitable conditions. **Subject to tidal change.
A half-hour scenic flight over Broome Township and beaches. See the local sights from a unique vantage point! See Cable Beach, Town Beach, Willie Creek, Roebuck Bay, Gantheaume Point and Broome Port.
It's a great sampler for budding aviators or just anyone who wants to experience the thrill of flying in a light aircraft.
Witness the amazing natural phenomenon the Horizontal Waterfalls, see the spectacular colours and contrasts of the Buccaneer Archipelago and the Kimberley coastline on this scenic adventure departing from, and returning to Cape Leveque.
2 pax $390pp