Celebrating over 38 years of operation, the locally owned and managed Aviair offer even more reasons to choose them for your Kimberley scenic air tour.
Nothing is more important to Aviair than the safety of their passengers, crew and those who assist them in delivering an award-winning product. Aviair is a CASA approved commercial airline operating to the highest flying and maintenance safety standards — rest assured you are in safe hands. Aviair have invested heavily in its fleet to ensure it is the youngest and best presented fleet of aircraft operated in Australia’s north-west. All of its aeroplanes are air-conditioned, with large windows and high wings for ultimate scenic views.
Their skilled pilots provide an informative commentary as you fly over some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Aviair aeroplanes all have a centre aisle for easy access and greater headroom and legroom than other scenic flight planes in the Kimberley. Our aim is that you leave us with memories of a scenic experience of a lifetime. As well as operating scenic air tours that have earned us multiple tourism awards, we have a significant charter flight business sector with corporate and private clients throughout Australia’s north-west. In addition, we operate
a regional airline, servicing major centres and remote towns of the Kimberley and Pilbara regions. Our aircraft maintenance support team is based here in Kununurra.
This full-day trip by plane covers an area the size of central Europe. Majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. This value-packed tour includes return scenic flights from Kununurra, thrilling helicopter flights, an optional guided hike and meals.
- Fly by plane over the Ord River Irrigation Area, Carlton Hill Station, Wyndham and the Cambridge Gulf and view beautifully patterned mud flats near Wyndham at the mouth of the Ord and King Rivers.
- Marvel at the remote Kimberley coastline including Berkeley River Gorge, King George Falls, and Kalumburu.
- Land at the remote Mitchell Plateau airstrip to transfer to a HeliSpirit helicopter and fly to the Mitchell Falls Campground.
- Fit and experienced hikers can enjoy a guided 4.5km walk to the top of the Mitchell Falls, discovering ancient Rock Art and waterholes along the way. Alternatively, you can opt to take a short helicopter transfer to the top of the Falls to enjoy more time at the falls at no extra cost.
- Time to explore the falls, enjoy a refreshing swim. Picnic lunch is included in a shoulder bag which you carry.
- Return to the airstrip by helicopter, taking off from the falls and flying over them for great photo opportunities. Land at the airstrip to transfer to your plane.
- Return to Kununurra flying over El Questro, Home Valley Station and the Cockburn Range as the afternoon glow lights up the landscape.
From an aircraft, Purnululu National Park is an imposing sight. This 2-hour scenic flight takes you on an unforgettable adventure over the Bungle Bungle Range, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine and Ord River Irrigation Area. You will also fly over the stunning Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the Ord River and the Bow River.
This award-winning scenic flight from Kununurra to the Purnululu National Park is an exhilarating adventure taking in the Kimberley's best scenic views.
Choose to land and join a guided walk with Bungle Bungle Guided Tours, add on a helicopter flight with HeliSpirit or even stay overnight at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge.
This incredible scenic flight takes you west of Kununurra to the Cockburn Range and mesmerizing Wyndham mud flats.
Board your aircraft to experience the magic of the Kimberley landscape glow in the afternoon sun. The flight out of Kununurra takes in the picturesque farmlands and lower Ord Irrigation Scheme. Your pilot will descend to follow the Lower Ord River to hopefully spot some crocs! Track towards Wyndham where river systems create meandering patterns through the mudflats, before diverting to the sheer cliffs of the glowing Cockburn Range as the afternoon sun washes over the landscape. Be prepared to watch the ancient rock walls light up as you fly past the range. Make your way back to Kununurra over Diversion Dam.
Aviair operates a range of scheduled passenger flights from Kununurra, Broome, Karratha and Port Hedland, allowing visitors to travel around the region quickly. See the flight schedules here.
Fly from Kununurra to Kalumburu, Halls Creek and Balgo Hills.
Fly from Broome to Kununurra and Derby
Fly from Karratha to Broome, Newman and Port Hedland
Fly from Port Hedland to Newman and Karratha.
5:00am - 5.30pm daily
November to March
Monday - Friday: 5.30am - 5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm