Aviair has become a first choice for Bungle Bungle scenic air tours of the beautiful Kimberley region of Western Australia. Based in Kununurra, the heart of the East Kimberley region, Aviair offers a range of air safaris and tailor-made Kimberley air tour itineraries. Aviair also offers combination tours of the Kimberley that include a Bungle Bungle helicopter flight and cruises on Lake Argyle and the Ord River.
In addition, we operate other essential services including regular passenger transport, private charter, photographic flights, mail services, emergency extraction and search and rescue flights. Aviair also has tours that visit Mitchell Falls which combine a fixed-wing flight with a hike and a thrilling helicopter ride.
Scenic air tour operator Aviair is based in Kununurra, in the Kimberley region of WA. We provide air safaris and ground tours of the Bungle Bungle and beyond with the only fully air-conditioned fleet in Kununurra.
Fly over majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. View the Ord Irrigation area, Cockburn Range, King George Falls, Berkeley River, Cambridge Gulf, Mitchell Falls and Wyndham mud flats. Land and hike 4.5km to the Mitchell Falls and enjoy two thrilling helicopter flights.
- Fly by plane over the Ord River Irrigation Area, Carlton Hill Station, Wyndham and the Cambridge Gulf to the coast.
- View beautifully patterned mud flats near Wyndham at the mouth of the Ord and King Rivers.
- Marvel at the Berkeley River Gorge, King George Falls, and Kalumburu.
- Land at the remote Mitchell Plateau airstrip to transfer to a HeliSpirit helicopter and fly to the start of the walk to the falls.
- Enjoy a guided 4.5 km hike into the Mitchell Falls. This is a difficult and uneven track with river crossings, which can be slippery. There is an option of taking a helicopter transfer instead of walking, this is an additional $145 per person. There is a limited time for the walk, therefore if you are unsure of your walking capabilities, please book the helicopter transfer.
- Time to explore the falls and swim.
- Picnic lunch is included in a backpack for you to carry.
- Fly by helicopter taking off above the falls and flying over them for great photo opportunities. Land at the airstrip to transfer to your plane.
- Return to Kununurra flying over El Questro and the Cockburn Range.
From an aircraft, Purnululu National Park is an imposing sight. This 2-hour scenic flight takes you on an unforgettable adventure over the Bungle Bungle Range, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine and Ord River Irrigation Area. You will also fly over the stunning Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the Ord River and the Bow River. Your aircraft is an air-conditioned, high wing, beautifully presented aeroplane offering comfort, safety and spectacular viewing opportunities.
You will fly over the Bungle Bungle Range, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine and Ord River Irrigation Area. You will also fly over the stunning Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the Ord River and the Bow River.
This 2.5-hour scenic flight takes you on an unforgettable flight over the Bungle Bungle massif, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine and the Ord River Irrigation Area. Fly over Home Valley station, the Karunji Track and the beautifully patterned Wyndham mud flats, while enjoying views of the Cockburn Ranges and network of rivers that include the Ord, King, Pentecost, Durack and Forest. Your aircraft is an air-conditioned, high wing aeroplane offering comfort, safety and spectacular viewing opportunities.
Bungle Bungle massif, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine and the Ord River Irrigation Area, Home Valley station, the Karunji Track and the beautifully patterned Wyndham mud flats, while enjoying views of the Cockburn Ranges and network of rivers that include the Ord, King, Pentecost, Durack and Forest.
Enjoy your scenic flight and land at a remote airfield in the Purnululu National Park and transfer to an airconditioned 4WD bus, your guide will drive you to the Bungle Bungle Range. Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the Bungles on the Domes Walk. Your guide will take you into Cathedral Gorge, here you will rest and enjoy your lunch.
Walk along the bed of Piccaninny Creek, which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season. Learn about the Kimberley climate, the six seasons and unique flora and fauna so important to the traditional custodians of the land. Re-board your aircraft for a scenic flight back to Kununurra.
Ord Irrigation Area, the Ord Top Dam wall, Lake Kununurra and the full expanse of Lake Argyle. View the Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the Ord River and the Bow River. Cathedral Gorge and the Domes walk and Argyle Diamond Mine.
For the fit and adventurous, a 10km return hike into the deep chasm of Piccaninny Gorge. Fly over some of the Kimberley’s landmark attractions by plane. Next you will join an early morning helicopter flight dropping you and your guide off at the “Elbow”, where Piccaninny Creek bends into the range. In the afternoon your helicopter will pick you up and fly you back to the airstrip for your return flight to Kununurra.
A high level of fitness and mobility is required. The walk is classified as level 5 and is on a rocky and sandy creek bed.