Breakfast with the Birds is an easy-paced, small-group nature experience providing a close-up view of some of the Kimberleys rare and diverse bird species. Whilst not a specialist birding tour, we provide binoculars and spotting scopes to ensure you get great sightings and photographs of the birdlife.
Departing Kununurra daily at 6am, the first habitat we visit is the savannah grasslands in search of finches as they drink in the early morning cool, including the elusive Gouldian finch. Our Savannah Breakfast features quality fresh Kununurra produce.
After breakfast we visit Marlgu Billabong Nature Reserve which offers a vast range of water birds (and perhaps a saltwater crocodile!) before returning to Kununurra around 12.30pm.
What we provide:
- Small-group transport
- Delicious savannah breakfast, using local Ord River produce (dietary requirements catered for by request on booking)
- Binoculars for individual personal use
- Shared use of spotting scopes for close-up viewing and photography.
- Tour guide
- Field guides for identification
- Water, insect repellent and sunscreen (best to bring your own if you can)
- Comprehensive East Kimberley Bird list to record personal sightings.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Wear comfortable bird-friendly clothing – not too bright
- Hat & sunscreen
- Comfortable footwear
Child: $95 (under 15 yrs)
(Not suitable for young children unable to quietly observe)
Departs Daily – April to October
6.00am Kununurra from your accommodation
6.30am Emma Gorge Resort (El Questro)
Returns: 12.30pm (6 &1/2 hours)
Includes: Savannah breakfast and beverages, binoculars, spotting scopes