Operating from May to September
This authentically Australian experience by Broome Cruises is a showcase of the region’s unique character, exquisite local cuisine, pearling heritage and magical sunsets – all in one 6-hour deluxe experience.
A Uniquely Interactive Kimberley Seafood Experience
Join us on an all-inclusive afternoon and evening cruise, transported aboard our deluxe vessel where to indulge in a 7-course menu showcasing fresh Kimberley seafood prepared by a private onboard chef, while you sip on free-flowing premium beverages, served complimentary as you cruise.
As part of this experience, we have proudly partnered with Australia’s oldest cultured pearling company, Cygnet Bay Pearl Farms so you can get hands-on with wild pearl fishing. Learn about these amazing creatures that produce the finest jewels on earth, in the world's only certified sustainable pearl fishery, while you help us harvest and enjoy the meat of this exquisite marine bounty.
Once fishing is complete, we then take you close to shore for the rest of your banquet, to be mesmerised by Western Australia’s acclaimed Broome sunset from the most breathtaking vantage point there is – one of three decks overlooking the turquoise waters and sandy beaches of Cable Beach.
Broome Cruises’ Sunset, Seafood & Pearling Cruise - the only one of its kind in Australia. Catch, wine, dine, and savour the rich cultural flavours from this world-renowned location.
Leave the hassle to us.
After being picked from or close to your Broome accommodation, enjoy a refreshing welcome smoothie on board our high-quality coach as we take you to our departure location, Gantheaume Point. From there, you are whisked to the boat without even getting your feet wet, on our speedy amphibious 'Sealegs' vessel. Once aboard, our crew makes you at home with onboard drinks and Tropical Fruit Salad while you wait for accompanying guests to join the boat.
Wild Pearling Experience
Enjoy your first course, as the boat departs the mooring, just the start of a wonderful seafood feast. We travel approximately 8 kilometres offshore for our live pearling demonstration, where you will help the crew catch Cygnet Bay's Pinctada Maxima pearl oysters, learning about these animals, their lifestyle and habitat, possibly even finding a wild pearl! Enjoy the Pearl Meat course, a rare, expensive delicacy prepared by our onboard chef before journeying back to Cable Beach, to enjoy seated dining for the remaining banquet courses. It is here, at anchor, that you can witness the most beautiful sunset in the West: the descent of golden Kimberley skies creates a magical skyline you will simply never forget.
Complimentary drinks are served throughout the cruise, and your 7-course seafood banquet menu is paired with a selection of premium still and sparkling wines from Howard Park, with local Matso’s Ginger Beer, Spinifex Beer, 150 Lashes and Corona. Soft drinks are also available.
You will dine on fresh local ingredients and seafoods, in a sumptuous 7-course banquet menu prepared on board by our private chef. The full menu is shown below - designed to lovingly showcase Kimberley ingredients, and give a taste of Broome.
As you finish with delectable Kakadu Plum pearl dessert, soak up the magic of what will feel like your very own Broome sunset, while relaxing on the front sun lounge. Take advantage of this exclusive vantage point to capture photos and videos to your heart’s content. Here you are not only watching this incredible sunset, you are part of it. Then, the crew will take you safely back from the boat to shore, in a staggered departure, using our amphibious vessel, from where our coach will transport you back to your pickup location, after a glorious day on the water.
Our Sunset, Seafood & Pearling Cruise is a 6-hour, all-inclusive, unforgettable experience unique to Broome Cruises. and your package includes:
- Return coach transport from your accommodation or a point close to it;
- Transfer from Gantheaume Point on an exciting amphibious ‘Sealeg’ vessel (a boat with wheels!) to our cruise boat mooring;
- Coastal cruising on board our purpose-built premium charter boat, The Crusader III. Features a large open lower deck, an upper viewing deck, front sun lounge and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities;
- An interactive wild pearling demonstration at Cygnet Bay Station Hill pearl farm, fishing for pearl in the only MSC-certified sustainable pearl fishery in the world;
- A 7-course deluxe seafood banquet, showcasing local cuisine including oyster pearl meat delicacy;
- Relaxed, stylish dining with white linen tablecloths and full crew service;
- Free-flowing beverages, including still and sparkling Howard Park Margaret River wines, local beers, including the Aboriginal owned 'Spinifex' brand, Matso's ginger beer, plus soft drinks;
- Expert commentary and guidance by Broome Cruises’ experienced crew;
- Exclusive onboard display of rare South Sea pearls, harvested by Australia’s oldest cultured pearling company, Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm;
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy breathtaking coastal scenery while anchored in view of Cable Beach;
- Chance to spot plentiful turtles or whales and dolphins in season;
- Picture-perfect vista and photo opportunities of Broome’s world-famous sunset.
Please check the availability calendar for our cruise schedule and availability. We operate Wednesdays to Sundays from 15th May. We welcome group bookings, so if you have a group and wish to join outside our availability, please contact us directly. This tour is not ideal for small children (under 5 years), however with an adult supervisor they are welcome and are free of charge.