About Australia's North West Tourism
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” - Mark Twain
Australia’s North West Tourism (ANW) is the peak tourism body for the Kimberley and Pilbara regions of Western Australia. We are responsible for the promotion of the North West as a premier tourism destination in both domestic and international markets with the objective of increasing visitor arrivals on behalf of its members.
ANW is a not-for-profit organisation, funded by a combination of membership fees and support from Tourism WA, Local Governments and other stakeholders. Members play an active role in setting the strategy for the marketing of the region and are represented on the Board of ANW. We are industry-led and provide a strong voice for tourism in the North West.
For our region to become a worldwide tourism destination of choice.
To collaborate effectively with industry and to lead the regional community in destination marketing, tourism sustainability and destination management to generate positive economic and social outcomes.
ANW Strategy 2021-2026
We move forward with a new strategic direction and plan, guided by our key pillars:
- Efficiently and effectively marketing and promoting the North West
- Growing accessibility into and within our region
- Developing our destination
- Driving engagement within our industry
Download the ANW Strategy 2021-2026 Plan here.
What We Do
We participate in a range of activities throughout the year aimed at increasing awareness of the region as a primarily leisure tourist destination:
- Multi Media Destination Awareness Campaigns (For example: Slip Into Broome Time, Magic Kimberley and Epic Pilbara).
- Collaboration with airlines, wholesalers and key stakeholders in tactical campaigns (For example: Broome Kimberley & Beyond with Magic Kimberley and Expedia to promote Qantas Weekend Fares to Broome).
- Inviting & Hosting Journalists to the region (For example: Mark Muller from Outback Magazine which resulted in Extended Kimberley coverage in the magazine).
- Attract lifestyle and current affairs television programs to the region (For example: Weekend Sunrise to Ord Valley Muster & Today Tonight to Shinju).
- Attending trade shows to develop relationships with trade (For example: ATE Australian Tourism Exchange).
- Attending consumer shows (For example: Caravan & Camping shows to push the drive market to the region).
- Inviting industry sales representatives to the region (For example: travel agents, conference organisers and wholesale companies).
- Producing an annual Kimberley & Pilbara Holiday Planner in both print and digital format that is distributed both nationally and internationally.
- Maintaining an informative and up to date website with links to member pages.
- Engaging with consumers through a regular eDM (newsletter). Our database reach currently more than 70.000 engaged subscribers.
- Regular social media communication (organic & sponsored) on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter that dovetail with campaign eDM’s, print and editorial
These activities take place in partnership with Tourism Western Australia, the government department (State Tourism Organisation) in charge of destination marketing for the state of Western Australia, and Tourism Australia, the National Tourism Operation in charge of branding the country of Australia.
Download a copy of ANW's Annual Report 2020-2021 here.
Australia’s North West Tourism acknowledges the traditional custodians throughout the Kimberley and Pilbara and their continuing connection to the land, waters and community. We pay our respects to all Aboriginal peoples; Elders past, present and emerging.
Australia's North West Tourism Board
Australia’s North West (ANW) is overseen by an Executive Board of Directors and managed by its CEO and staff.
The CEO of ANW reports to the Board of ANW who have been chosen for their expertise, skills and representation within the North West tourism industry. Together with the CEO they are responsible for the overall strategic direction of the organisation.
The ANW Board consists of up to 9 members comprising of 5 elected Board Members and up to 4 co-opted, skills-based positions, as identified by the Board. The Board is overseen by an independent Chair.
Address: Unit 3, 10 Frederick Street, Broome, WA
PO Box 554, Broome, WA, 6725
Telephone: (+61) 08 9193 6660
Australia’s North West Tourism team is a dedicated team of marketing professionals working with vision and purpose for our region to become a worldwide tourism destination of choice.